Forms & Downloads
Parent Teacher Interviews
Liturgy of the Word
Year 6 Farewell Ceremony
Final Day of Term 4
12 noon finish
School Office will reopen
between 8am and 2.30pm
Classes resume for 2017
Australia Day Public Holiday
P&F Meeting 7pm
Wednesdays 8am to 9am
Welcome to the website of Mother Teresa School
Ours is a new school built by Brisbane Catholic Education in response to the need for a Catholic Primary School in the rapidly growing Ormeau area. We are situated on Eggersdorf Road, which is the main road leading off exit 45 on the M1 Motorway.
Our school offers classes from Prep to Year 6. The plan for Mother Teresa’s is to become a three stream school, with an eventual population of between 500 and 600 students.
Why Mother Teresa?
Our school is named in honour of Mother Teresa of Calcutta, whose life was dedicated to the betterment of others. Mother Teresa often said that a worthwhile life is one that is lived in the service of others. It is this notion of servant leadership that we hope to instil in our children. Service to others in the modern world involves key elements such as:
- Conservation of our environment for future generations.
- Using skills to build communities by building positive relationships.
- Developing high academic standards to maximise our talents for the good of the community
- Developing and sharing recreational, sporting and artistic skills to enrich our world.
As a member of the Archdiocese of Brisbane Catholic Education, we take up the challenge of education to Teach, Challenge and Transform.
We encourage any and all parents who are interested in learning more about our wonderful school and the fantastic opportunities it can offer your family, to contact us and come in for a tour of the school, so you can see these things for yourself!
Mr Peter Kerrins
YEAR 6 FAREWELL CEREMONY
We invite families and friends of our Mother Teresa School community to join us for our Year 6 Farewell Ceremony on Thursday the 1st of December at 9am in the undercover area. This Liturgy of the Word will be hosted by our student leaders. Year 6 families will also enjoy a Celebration Dinner on Thursday evening. All details have been emailed to the Year 6 Parents. Thank you to our Year 5 families for coordinating the celebration.
END OF TERM DATES
School finishes for the school year at 12pm midday on Friday the 2nd of December. The school and office are closed at this time. Students will be dismissed to their parents at this time following our final Assembly which will begin at 11:30. Please make arrangements for your child to be collected from school early on this day, as no supervision is available at school. School resumes for all classes in 2017 on Tuesday the 24th of January.
END OF YEAR PROGRESS REPORTS
Student reports are now available online through the parent portal.
Some troubleshooting tips if you are having difficulties logging in:
- Select ‘first time user’ to set up your password
- Use the email address that the school uses to contact you (this is the address we have on file on our records – update this at school office if necessary)
- After you have set up your password, log in for first time through school website instead of a saved shortcut (this will clear any ‘stored’ passwords)
- Use a computer/laptop to login for the first time (some devices/ipads/mobile phones will then work for you for future access.)
- Email email@example.com to ask office staff to check that you have permission to access the parent portal (this is indicated on your original enrolment forms)
ST VINCENT DE PAUL CHRISTMAS APPEAL
Thank you to those families who donated to the Christmas Appeal. A representative from St Vincent de Paul will attend our final school assembly on Friday at 11:30am to accept our donations. Congratulations to our Year 4 Mini-Vinnies for their promotion of the Christmas Appeal.
PREP 2017 ENROLMENTS
If your child’s birthdate is between 1st July 2011 and 30th June 2012 they are eligible to commence Prep in 2017. We are currently taking enrolments for Prep 2017.
Enrolment Forms are available from the Enrolments section of this website or from the Administration office. After your enrolment application is lodged, you will be invited to attend an enrolment interview with the Principal. Offers of places will occur after these interviews. Please note : Siblings of current students are required to complete the above process.
P & F NEWS
If you would like to get in touch with the P&F committee for any reason please email us