Forms & Downloads
Parent Teacher Interviews
School Office will reopen
between 8am and 2.30pm
Classes resume for 2017
Australia Day Public Holiday
P&F Meeting 7pm
Wednesdays 8am to 9am
Welcome to the website of Mother Teresa School
Ours is a new school built by Brisbane Catholic Education in response to the need for a Catholic Primary School in the rapidly growing Ormeau area. We are situated on Eggersdorf Road, which is the main road leading off exit 45 on the M1 Motorway.
Our school offers classes from Prep to Year 6. The plan for Mother Teresa’s is to become a three stream school, with an eventual population of between 500 and 600 students.
Why Mother Teresa?
Our school is named in honour of Mother Teresa of Calcutta, whose life was dedicated to the betterment of others. Mother Teresa often said that a worthwhile life is one that is lived in the service of others. It is this notion of servant leadership that we hope to instil in our children. Service to others in the modern world involves key elements such as:
- Conservation of our environment for future generations.
- Using skills to build communities by building positive relationships.
- Developing high academic standards to maximise our talents for the good of the community
- Developing and sharing recreational, sporting and artistic skills to enrich our world.
As a member of the Archdiocese of Brisbane Catholic Education, we take up the challenge of education to Teach, Challenge and Transform.
We encourage any and all parents who are interested in learning more about our wonderful school and the fantastic opportunities it can offer your family, to contact us and come in for a tour of the school, so you can see these things for yourself!
Mr Peter Kerrins
PREP 2017 ENROLMENTS
If your child’s birthdate is between 1st July 2011 and 30th June 2012 they are eligible to commence Prep in 2017. We are currently taking enrolments for Prep 2017.
Enrolment Forms are available from the Enrolments section of this website or from the Administration office. After your enrolment application is lodged, you will be invited to attend an enrolment interview with the Principal. Offers of places will occur after these interviews.
Please note : Siblings of current students are required to complete the above process.
END OF YEAR PROGRESS REPORTS
Student reports are now available online through the parent portal.
Some troubleshooting tips if you are having difficulties logging in:
- Select ‘first time user’ to set up your password
- Use the email address that the school uses to contact you (this is the address we have on file on our records – update this at school office if necessary)
- After you have set up your password, log in for first time through school website instead of a saved shortcut (this will clear any ‘stored’ passwords)
- Use a computer/laptop to login for the first time (some devices/ipads/mobile phones will then work for you for future access.)
- Email email@example.com to ask office staff to check that you have permission to access the parent portal (this is indicated on your original enrolment forms)